Why Art Therapy?
Art Therapy deepens the therapeutic process by going beyond spoken language, revealing metaphors and images, which may clarify emotions and experiences.
You don’t have to be an artist!
Art Therapy it is not about artistic skill but about what is experienced and learned through the creative process. The expression of one’s experience into an image or form helps one gain insight. The creative process can be relaxing and joyful, which is in and of itself therapeutic.
Below are some of the proven benefits available from art therapy:
• Developing new skills for handling stress and anxiety
• Attaining insight into personal patterns and behavior
• Increasing confidence, peace, vitality, and well-being
• Improving ways to manage anger, depression and moods
• Discovering new ways to solve problems
• Experiencing creativity
• Enhancing the overall quality of life